OVERBERG SMALL GRANTS:
COMMUNITIES IN CONSERVATION
Applications deadline: 17:00 on 31 October 2018
Funding cycle: 1 January to 15 September 2019
Post to: P.O Box 148, Gansbaai, 7220 (Attention: Lily Upton)
By hand: Grootbos Foundation or Whale Coast Conservation offices
Whale Coast Conservation and the Grootbos Foundation have been appointed by the Table Mountain Fund to administer small grants facilities. We are looking for 14 projects that will grow the Green Economy and provide social upliftment within the Overberg Region.
The Grootbos Foundation/Whale Coast Conservation aims to assist local organisations and individuals to facilitate conservation projects in the Overberg District through the allocation of small grants,
- To support the growth and development of new entrants to the conservation sector;
- To facilitate the inclusion and involvement of a wider range of stakeholders in conservation;
- To support coastal and marine conservation initiatives;
- To mentor social enterprise development projects which create income for impoverished communities via conservation-based activities; and
- To facilitate alien clearing by empowering local contracting teams.
Applications will be adjudicated by a joint Grootbos Foundation/Whale Coast Conservation committee. Only one application per organisation is eligible for a grant of not more than R30 000 in the 3 year funding cycle. Preference will be given to projects that promote conservation and can show positive environmental change. .
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- A copy of your ID or business registration
- Proof of bank account
- Any letters of authorisation needed to complete your project
- Quotes for any equipment more than R1000 in value
Please note: no late applications will be accepted. No applications submitted after 17:00 on 31 October will be accepted.